Our teaching is based on traditional
JKA Shotokan Karate, as well as a
further understanding of human
biomechanics, in an effort to refine
each technique until its full potential
can be met.
We are different because we are a
non-political organization that welcomes all to
train and test together in the spirit of collaboration and
friendship. The WJKA HQ is located at Bredaseweg 42,
4702 KV Roosendaal, the Netherlands.
We also welcome all individuals, instructors and dojos that are interested
in Shotokan Karate to join us.
Our goal is to spread traditional Japanese Karate as espoused by the founder of modern Karate, Gichin Funakoshi.
1) We strive to adhere to the principles of Dojo Kun (see list below) by teaching and developing honesty, integrity, sincerity and mutual respect among the members:
- Seek perfection of character;
- Refrain from violent behavior.
2) We strive to bring out the best in each member through exciting and safe (non-contact) work-outs by well trained and enthusiastic instructors.
3) We strive to teach traditional Shotokan Karate-do from Japan at the highest level of skills and technique.
4) We strive to provide a friendly, encouraging and helpful atmosphere for learning.